Flood In Melaka: More Evacuees Returning Home
MELAKA, Aug 12 (Bernama) -- The flood situation in Melaka is improving with more evacuees returning home , leaving only 98 people at the flood evacuation centres at 10 pm today, from 240 people earlier in the day.
Melaka Malaysian Civil Defence Force director Lt Col (PA) Effendy Ali said the victims were from 25 families and they were being accommodated at three relief centres in the Jasin and Alor Gajah districts.
He said all flood evacuation centres in the Melaka Tengah districts had been closed at 8 pm today, while the 152 evacuees from 37 families at two other flood evacuation centres , at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Munsyi Abdullah in Batu Berendam and Surau Bukit Baru, had also been allowed to return home.
"There is not change in the number of flood victims at Sekolah Kebangsaan Tehel in Jasin (71 victims from 19 families) and Balai Raya Kampung Seri Jeram, Alor Gajah (17 victims from four families), while an evacuation centre at Balai Raya Seri Mendapat was opened at 3 pm today to accommodate 10 people from two families," he said in a statement today.
- - BERNAMA